Thursday, January 23, 2014

Weekly Update



I hope everyone out there is enjoying their weather.  We're fine and probably warmer than most of the midwest & northeast and wetter than the southwest.  We do drop below freezing every other night or so.  I have to admit, I started to feel sorry watching the mid-Atlantic & northeast deal with the snow.  I almost felt so sorry for everyone that I felt like going out and shoveling...sand.  But I didn't.  Hopefully, everyone's OK with how the match-up turned out for the Super Bowl, too.

Our normal week continues.  Donna gets in a ride or two each week with her gang, Folks-on-Spokes.  I prefer just walking around the campground and state park.  It's now close enough to our trip down to Walt Disney World that we can now get an early look a the the weather for the trip down.  Just as I thought back when I made the reservations in June 2013 - rain (Weather Underground's 10 day forecast).  Donna's also made another run up to the yarn shop in Fairhope to swap out some knitting needles.

Of course, going up to Fairhope gives us a good excuse to eat at the Tin Top at Bon Secour, again.  We got in another meal last Friday with the NuWa Owner's Forum members at Mikee's here in Gulf Shores.  And we got in a breakfast at Brick & Spoon.  I think that's it for eating out this week.  We're doing better at this eating out thing than we did two years when we ate out each day - sometimes twice a day.  And it's hard not to.  Food's good here.

We also took the opportunity to test out the new Good Sam RV GPS on the way up and back to Fairhope.  Trying to get use to it & it's little quirks before we hitch the trailer behind us and use the thing for real.  Maybe we didn't need the 7-inch screen and could have gotten by with the 5-inch screen model, but it's easy to see - even when wearing progressive lens.  Just wish they hadn't made way-points to be destinations.  Makes it tough to program in and save unique directions to a campground that tells patrons to not follow the GPS automated directions to the campground.  I guess we're back to a road map & written directions for those situations.  It also makes all the advantages that I thought I'd gain from the ability to plan a trip online and export to the GPS sort of useless, too.

So that's been our week.  Everybody stay warm.  And if you're on the west coast, get wet.

Later, David




No comments:

Post a Comment