Friday, April 11, 2014

Purvis Ford Lincoln, Fredericksburg, Virginia



Apparently, Fredericksburg, VA's idea of customer service is vastly different than most other areas of the country.  Here, if a dealer wrecks your vehicle, your insurance has to pay for that dealer to fix your vehicle.  I'd understand that if it was a no-fault state, but Virginia isn't a no-fault state - it's a commonwealth (whatever that means).  The idea that a dealership step-up, take responsibility, and immediate start to repair your vehicle after they wreck it is so foreign to these people that they look at me as if I'm crazy when I bring it up.

The only factual accurate statement Donna and I have gotten from Purvis Ford was from their body shop manager.  I quote: "Yes, your truck is in the body shop, but I don't know what I'm suppose to do with it."  The truth will upset you, but it will also set you free.

Oh, their talk has been beautiful...sweet...soothing...friendly...calming...but no action.  The fact that a customer may have commitments is meaningless.  It's gonna be a god-awful mess if one of these dealerships here ever pull this stunt on someone with PTSD.

Other things we've learned:
1) Allstate Auto Insurance only responds when challenged on Facebook.  When challenged on Facebook,  they make "calls".  ( I call your attention to the fact that no action is taken here, either.)
2) If you have a Progressive Insurance on a medium duty truck registered as a RV pulling a trailer, you lose a day while the adjusters "discuss" which one is going to do the job.  And they're not discussing which one is going to "rush out there" and take care of their customer.

...and don't get me started on the lost of resale value of our truck as a result of all of this.

Later, David
#PurvisFordLincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment