Thursday, December 10, 2015

Weekly Update


We're settling into our winter routine here in Gulf Shores.  Been one of our warmest visits here so far.  75 today for the high.  That'll change.  The Folks-on-Spokes are gettin' out three days a week plus their weekly campfires where there's more than enough food.  The Hitchhikers are getting out & about, too.  So far it's just been the weekly lunches at Mikees.  Donna finally got to ride her bicycle out to Fort Morgan & back - a 50 mile round trip from the trailer.    We'll have to wait & see what's next on her bucket list.  And we got all our Shrimp Basket Gift Certificates, yesterday.  So cheap shrimp is on the way!

In other news, we still got our water leak to the washer.  This week the spring broke on the seal return lever on the toilet.  Had a new one - shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to replace, so off I go.  It was an hour before I got the the toilet working, again.  It's only two screws to remove and reinsert.  And the parts only fit one way. I still don't understand why you have to take the thing apart and reassemble three times before it finally works correctly.  Donna said she had to reassemble it all twice when we replaced the water valve on the toilet.  Shoulda let her do it.  Or better, yet, replace the spring when we replaced the water valve.

Medicare says that they now know I'm retired (but we can't tell from the mymedicare page.)  So I can only speculate that when we told them I had health insurance, they assumed I was still working.  As I go back and read medicare's instructions, it appears that's what they do.  Guess it was too hard to design the page with a box to check indicating I'm still working or truly retired.  (BTW:  it's all designed to determine who pays first.  If you or your spouse are employed, Medicare is second payer.)

I've also lived through the fiasco of the new Weight Watchers website and app.  Both appear to be working and are aesthetically appealing, but missing some functions that were useful in the old website and app.  It's still got it's "bugs", too.  This morning I selected an item from my "favorite" list to track.  The app provided a "pop-up" noting that I had tracked that item three times this week & asking if I'd like to make it a "favorite".  I guess it didn't get the word that I had picked that item from my "favorite" list in the first place.  "Always in Beta" is the new software industry's mantra & Weight Watchers got caught in it, I guess.  I probably should at least celebrate that the Weight Watchers app lets me log in!

So that's all that's happened this week.  Everyone enjoy their weekend.  We may get some rain during ours.  Later, David


No comments:

Post a Comment