Friday, January 29, 2016

Bi-Weekly Update


Quick update to let everyone know we're fine.  Been cool and little wetter than normal, but beats the freeze we had at this time two years ago.  Cool, pretty day today, though, with the family behind us starting a campfire first thing this morning.  We've gotten out a little - generally eating out.  We met Steve & Susan Burford in Mobile for dinner at Ed's Seafood Shed last weekend.  Hope to visit with them again next week.  We've also gone to the outlet stores where I "speared" a couple of new flannel shirts.  Flannel shirts somewhat rare in this part of the country.

Donna continues to ride with the Folks-on-Spokes and swim on days she's not riding with the group.   I walk and ride the bike when I'm bored with walking.  You get to pet more dogs when you're walking, though. 

Our truck's water (rain) leak that we began to notice last April is getting worse.  Had a couple of places check it out.  The last one ran water over it for several hours with no success. Bought a bicycle brake cable to try to clean the sunroof drains and see if that's it (checking sunroof drains recommended by people on one of the Ford forums).  I'm not sure I know what I'm doing.  But if I'm doing it right, the driver's side drain is clogged.  Not sure I can clear it if it is.  So I may have to see if someone can do a better job than I can with the brake cable.   I'll try again later today.

So that's our couple of weeks.  Oh, for future planning for our Virginia friends, we've made reservations for May 11th - June 1st in Fredericksburg and the first weekend in June at Big Meadows, Shenandoah Natl Park.  For now, we plan to travel to Florida when we leave Gulf Shores.

As always, that's just plans!.  Later, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment