Sunday, April 18, 2021

ONE.NORMAL.DAY

 

...life with a RV...

I use the cartoon above to make fun of the RV lifestyle, but I think it's probably true for all of us no matter what we do.  I recall sitting in Auto Park Ford's customer lounge one day.  I started venting about our hydraulics on the trailer.  I didn't know the gentleman I was making small talk with was a farmer.  When I was done, he said "Sounds just like my farm equipment."  I'm sure it did.

Anyway, our problem was so small and easy to fix that it's embarrassing.  Problem turned out to be a loose wiring harness. Yep, the trip over I-70 had worked one connection loose.  Didn't look loose, but it was.  A full test of the hydraulic system was done.  We were in & out in about 20 minutes.  Added this to another constantly growing list of things we do on a weekly basis just to ensure things are working.

So now we sit at Howe, IN while we get a new awning and refrigerator plus general maintenance on the trailer.  Today's high is about 60 F.  Later this week the high is 38 with freezing rain and snow.  Lows well below freezing.  Good week for the trailer to sit inside a heated building and be worked on.  Today is laundry day for us as few people use the hotel's laundry on Sundays.  Probably take advantage of the warmer weather and wash the trailer, too, before it goes in the shop in the morning.

We've been out a little bit.  Can't speak much for Michigan, but Indiana - at least Shipshewana - is open.  And I mean open.  Wear masks only if you want to, but they do ask that you use the provided plastic gloves at the buffets.  Since they didn't ask people to wash their hands first, the gloves seem a little "useless" to us.  At one bakery, most people didn't have a mask on and the six-foot between families rule was out the window, too.  Doubt people were washing their hands.   

Plans after we leave here?  Well, given how this past week went, who knows?  We'd like to leave the Elkhart area on April 28th.  We'd like to arrive at Jackson WY on May 17th.  We'd like to spend a few days at Sioux Falls and a week in the Black Hills.  Lets just leave it with "we'll try to do that".   See James 4:13-14

So that gets you caught up with us.  Thanks for dropping by and checking up on us (and tolerating my rants).  We'll post again when we have more news.  David


No comments:

Post a Comment