Thursday, January 8, 2015

Cold

Gulf State Park, late January 2014

We didn't get the rain & ice like we did last year & it only got down to 21* F or so, but we got cold.  We did our normal preparations for the cold by taking up all the water lines.  Then the water pump gave us a scare as it just stopped working.  Kinda countin' on that water pump as we're not getting any city water until the temp rises to around freezing.   That 70 or so gallons of water in the fresh water tank we'd planned to use is pretty useless unless you can pump it out.  Couldn't figure out why the pump just stopped, then noticed it would pump when I moved the wiring around.  Fuse seemed OK, so I checked all the connections and ensured they were tight.  It worked from then on, but not sure if it's just a loose wiring problem, a bad wire or connections on the water pump itself are bad.  Anyway, now I don't trust it.  May just be time for a new water pump.

Jessica and Robin made it down and spent Saturday night with us.  We went out to Lambert's (home of the "throwed roll") for a great dinner.  They got an early start on Sunday morning for a long drive back to Virginia.  We're glad they came.

I'm finally getting over my cold.  Since retiring, these things are normally just head colds for a day or so.  Not this time.  I began to lose my voice shortly after Jessica & Robin left and by Sunday night it was in full coarse as both a head & chest cold.  Trying to keep it from Donna.  So far, we're successful.  Today was the first day I really felt like getting out since early last week.  Unfortunately, I think the chest part is going to hang on for a few days longer.  I guess I'll keep drinking hot liquids and let it run its course.

So that's our week.  Everyone stay warm.  David

No comments:

Post a Comment