Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pollen!


Imagine my surprise to find pollen on the hood of our truck this morning after the dew dried off.  Last year we didn't get into any pollen until late May/early June up at Voyageurs Natl Park.  Given it's warm, we'll deal with it!

We're fine.  Donna continues her long bike rides with Folks-on-Spokes.  My butt can't handle those long rides, so I go walking.  We had our normal Friday lunch at Mikee's with friends.  Then we were presently surprised that Steve & Susan were in the local area, and we went to dinner at Cosmos on Saturday.  New for us, we tried Moe's BBQ in Orange Beach, yesterday.  I don't think there's a bad BBQ restaurant down here.  Weight Watchers gives me 30 points a day for food.  I think I ate 31 points worth of food for lunch at Moe's.  I'll tell the Weight Watcher's software to "stick-it" when it responds to my weight update next week.

As I said in the first paragraph, we've been warm and enjoying the weather.  A lot of people are getting out and washing their rigs.  I've gotten on the roof and cleaned our vents.  Found one of our AC shrouds was cracked while I was up there.  So we got a replacement (arrived today) and got it on before the rain starts tonight.  When I threw the old one off the trailer to the ground, in shattered into a bunch of pieces as it hit the grass.  That doesn't bode well for the shroud on the other AC.  Probably should have gotten two shrouds.

Lastly, we've gotten somewhat serious about planning our "Exodus" from the gulf.  We have a hard date of June 1st for the trailer's servicing in Lagrange, IN.  Started working backwards from that date.  As usual, we plan on a stop in Shenandoah Natl Park.  Of course the few sites we can fit in are booked the weekend that works best for us.  So we find dates that are close, make our reservations and plan around that.  So far only Fredericksburg, VA and Shenandoah NP dates are booked.  Rest of the early planning has us leaving here going to Birmingham, AL.  Then Stone Mountain, GA followed by a stop in HIgh Point, NC.  We're thinking of going to SC before we arrive in VA.  We'll see.

Anyway, that's it from here.  Later, David


No comments:

Post a Comment