Thursday, March 9, 2017

Mount Dora/Apopka, FL


Disney Springs
Like I posted last week, we arrived last Friday without incident.  Backing into our campsite with a new truck seemed to take forever.

Everyone is doing as well as expected considering Donna's brother David is having knee replacement surgery today.  I got the best job:  dog sitting.  Abby - the dog at a respectable 13 yrs young - may not like me all that much, but she knows I go for walks.  And she loves walks.  So she tolerates me.  We be doing fine!

We've gotten in a couple of meals out and got Donna & my Disney Fix in at Disney Springs.  We were able to visit Disney Springs with Donna's sister-in-law Mary.  Truck got in and out of the parking garage just fine.  Got our t-shirts.  Got our Earl of Sandwich sandwiches.  Got our Ghirardelli fix.  Bought more Ghirardelli dark chocolate to take with us.  I think we walked ourselves almost to exhaustion.  Disney did well.

We also got a surprise meeting with Paul & Tricia on Sunday.  They were down in Kissimmee at a restaurant convention working on new business for the year.  Normally, they're just too busy to get together when we're in the Fredericksburg area.  This visit was great as there was no rush.  Paul and I talked flying.  I have no idea what Donna & Tricia discussed!

My woes with computers and phones continues.  Motorola updated the phone's software on Monday.  Noticed Wednesday night I'd lost the ability to file transfer via tethering.  An hour on chat and another hour downloading & installing new software/drivers on my backup computer to allow file transfer via tethering passed with absolutely no success.  Wasted another hour this morning with the same result.  Finally broke down and bought & installed a WiFi Transfer app for the phone.  That seems to work just fine.

Newest computer is at the Geek Squad awaiting pickup.  They say it's fixed.  I'm assuming they reset Windows 10.  Guess I'll be mooching off Donna's brother & sister-in-law's internet next week to get that computer back up to speed.

New hitch receiver reducer (3 inch to 2 inch) to make loading the bicycle rack on the truck a one-person effort didn't work.  Seems Ford's 3 inch hitch receiver isn't equal to everyone else's 3 inch product.   Sad as it was a really nice piece of hardware.

Our replacement iPod arrived yesterday.  First time for me to go out and purchase an obsolete product.  Hopefully,  the truck won't kill this one.

So that gets you up to date.  Thanks for dropping by.  Until next week, David


No comments:

Post a Comment