Saturday, October 1, 2011

Week 1 @ OWL Center


Week one at the OWL Center is complete.  We've made new friends, help remove two trees off fences, some new shelving started, help pot ferns, helped make pear preserves, and helped make & filled countless bottles of various strengths of salsa. So far only one jar was broken, and I think I've finally splattered everyone with salsa.
Lake D'Arbonne


Friday we took a short trip to Lake D'Arbonne State Park for a four mile perimeter hike.  This state park is well maintained, has boat ramps, 50 amp full hook-up campsites, and cabins that are really houses.  Good hiking and mountain biking trails, too.  Still trying to find Lincoln Parish Park and it's bicycle trails. 

Donna's magic hands at labeling
I think finishing the shelving, trail maintenance, and pickle making is on the schedule for Week 2.  I'm told I'm still on the cooking team.  Guess I need to splatter more people.  Later David

No comments:

Post a Comment